A. Administrative Director. The freestanding medical facility shall have a full-time administrative director who:
(1) Acts as a liaison with the affiliated hospital;
(2) Directs the daily operation of the facility; and
(3) Ensures that employees are capable of providing:
(c) Timely triage; and
(d) Appropriate transfer of all patients; and
(4) Ensures that there is an organized and structured patient safety and quality improvement program to monitor and improve patient care.
B. Medical Director. The facility shall have a Medical Director who is:
(1) A licensed physician; and
(2) Board certified or Board eligible in Emergency Medicine by the:
(a) American College of Emergency Physicians;
(b) American Board of Emergency Medicine; or
(c) American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
C. The Medical Director shall provide clinical oversight of the freestanding medical facility.
D. Other Personnel. The freestanding medical facility shall be staffed at all times with a:
(1) Minimum of one physician who is trained in emergency medicine;
(2) Sufficient number of registered nurses and other professionals to provide advanced life support;
(3) Certified medical radiation technologist; and
(4) Laboratory technician.
E. A freestanding medical facility shall be staffed during all hours of operation by licensed independent practitioners, nurses, and ancillary health care professionals with the certification, experience, competencies, and skills necessary for providing basic and advanced life support for children and adults.
F. Credentialing. Physicians and other licensed independent practitioners shall be credentialed consistent with COMAR 10.07.01.24.
G. The facility shall assess its staffing pattern on a regular basis. Staffing patterns shall accommodate the potential for the unexpected arrival of additional patients. The facility shall have a plan for the provision of additional licensed independent practitioners and nurses in times of acute overload.