A. A freestanding medical facility shall be open to inspection at all times by the Department for annual licensure surveys, revisit surveys, and complaint investigations.
B. Licensure Standards. When conducting a licensure or complaint survey, the Department shall use this chapter as well as the:
(1) Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization, 2006 Hospital Accreditation Standards;
(2) COMAR 10.07.06;
(3) COMAR 10.07.01.24, .26 and .33; and
(4) ACEP Policy Statement: Emergency Department Planning and Resources Guidelines.
C. Responsibility of the Freestanding Medical Facility. The facility shall make the following documents available for review by the Department:
(1) Policies and procedures;
(2) Minutes of committee meetings; and
(3) Data and documentation related to oversight of the freestanding medical facility at the affiliated hospital.