A. An agency shall ensure that individuals that are referred are trained appropriately to provide care that is needed by the agency’s clients.
B. Sources other than the agency may provide training, as approved in writing by the Office of Health Care Quality.
C. At a minimum, training for individuals providing care in clients’ homes shall include:
(1) Instruction and supervised practice in relevant personal care services of the sick or disabled at home;
(2) Identification of situations that require referral to a registered nurse, including significant changes in a client’s condition;
(3) Record keeping;
(4) Ethical behavior and confidentiality of information;
(6) Standard precautions for infection control; and
(7) Prevention of abuse and neglect.