A. A provider of home medical equipment services shall meet the requirements of this regulation in addition to meeting the requirements of Regulations .02.03 of this chapter.
B. An agency shall:
(1) Ensure that personnel demonstrate competency in delivering and installing the equipment;
(2) Provide education, training, and written instructions to the patient and his or her caregivers on the use of the equipment before the equipment is used, and provide retraining as needed;
(3) Provide the patient and caregivers with the telephone number of persons who can deliver critical care on an emergency basis;
(4) Provide the prescribing physician with a copy of the:
(a) Qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of agency personnel who deliver the services, and
(b) Instructions given to the patient and the patient's caregivers;
(5) Maintain a clinical record for each patient receiving home medical equipment services; and
(6) Ensure that the installation, maintenance, repair, and storage of home medical equipment meet with manufacturer's specifications.