A. The center shall furnish to the Secretary reports covering the following:
(1) Deaths, serious injuries, or unusual incidents, including suicide attempts, by no later than the close of business of the next business day following the event; and
(2) Any occurrences which threaten the welfare, safety, or health of any resident of the center such as fire, infectious disease outbreaks, or poisoning.
B. The center shall comply with the reporting requirements of the Department of Juvenile Services, the Department of Human Services, the Maryland State Department of Education, or other placement agencies.
C. The center shall comply with the reporting requirements of 42 CFR §483.374(b) and (c).
D. Serious Occurrence Notification.
(1) Staff shall report any serious occurrence described in 42 CFR §483.374(b) involving a resident to both the State Medicaid agency and the State-designated Protection and Advocacy System by not later than close of business the next business day after a serious occurrence.
(2) The report shall include:
(a) The name of the resident involved in the serious occurrence; and
(b) A description of the occurrence.
(3) In the case of a minor, the center shall notify the residentís parent or parents or legal guardian or legal guardians:
(a) As soon as possible; or
(b) No later than 24 hours after the serious occurrence.
(4) Staff shall document in the residentís record that the serious occurrence was reported to both the State Medicaid agency and the State-designated Protection and Advocacy System, including the name of the individual to whom the incident was reported.
(5) A copy of the report shall be maintained in the residentís record, as well as in the incident and accident report logs kept by the center.