A. Unless otherwise indicated, all general requirements apply to both new construction and an existing nursing home.
B. Administrative Areas New Construction.
(1) A nursing home shall provide a separate room or rooms for the administrator and administrative support staff. Sufficient areas shall be provided to accommodate all necessary office furniture, files, and other equipment and enable the safe storage of residentsí valuables.
(2) In new construction, separate locker rooms and a toilet facility shall be provided for male and female employees in each nursing home.
C. Administrative Areas Existing Nursing Homes.
(1) The nursing home shall provide an administrative area that is suitable for conducting business or discussing problems privately with the residentís representative.
(2) The nursing home shall provide a sufficient number of lockers that can be locked securely for all employees working at any one time, and shall provide for the employee use of toilet facilities.
D. Lobby Area New Nursing Home. A nursing home shall provide a lobby area that shall have:
(1) Public toilets for both sexes, either separate or unisex, located conveniently to this area;
(2) Access to telephone; and
(3) Drinking fountains or other drinking water dispensers that meet Guidelines for Design and Construction of Residential Health, Care, and Support Facilities.
E. Employee Facilities New Construction. In new construction, separate locker rooms and toilet facilities shall be provided for male and female employees in each facility.
F. Employee Facilities Existing Facilities. An existing nursing home shall:
(1) Have a sufficient number of lockers that can be locked securely for all employees working at any one time; and
(2) Provide for the employee use of toilet facilities at a convenient location.