A. Written Agreement. A written agreement with at least one acute hospital shall be effected which shall provide for the following actions:
(1) Planning to ensure that all services required for the continuity of resident care will be made available promptly;
(2) Advance discussion with the resident regarding the reason for the transfer and any available alternatives;
(3) Notification to the next of kin or responsible person regarding the anticipated transfer;
(4) Interchange of medical and other information necessary in the care and treatment of residents transferred between facilities, including notification of the licensed pharmacist of resident transfer;
(5) Safe and timely transportation and care of the resident during transfer;
(6) Security and accountability for the residentís personal effects;
(7) Prompt readmission to the nursing home at the end of the hospital stay;
(8) Annual review of transfer arrangements by a utilization review committee or other designated group to ensure that each party is fulfilling the needs of the residents, the providers, the hospital, and the nursing home;
(9) If needs are not being met, the administrator of the nursing home shall act on recommendations of the reviewing group to effect compliance;
(10) Before licensure, the comprehensive care facility or the extended care facility shall submit to the Department a copy of the written agreement, signed by persons authorized to execute the agreement on behalf of the facilities;
(11) Each facility shall maintain a signed copy of the agreement.
B. Facilities Under Common Control. If two facilities are under common control, a written agreement is not required; policies and procedures of both facilities shall provide assurance that §A(1)(12) will be the practice of the facilities.
C. Human remains shall be transported pursuant to COMAR 10.29.21.