A. The freestanding ambulatory surgical facility shall:
(1) Provide drugs and biologicals under the direction of an authorized prescriber; and
(2) Develop and implement policies and procedures for pharmacy services in accordance with accepted professional practice.
B. Administration of Drugs.
(1) Staff shall prepare and administer drugs according to established policies and acceptable standards of practice.
(2) Staff shall report adverse reactions to the patient's health care practitioner and document these reactions in the patient's medical record.
(3) Only physicians or registered nurses shall administer blood and blood products.
(4) Orders given orally for drugs and biologicals shall be followed by a written order which is signed by the authorized prescriber.