A. Basic Life Support. Licensed personnel employed by the freestanding ambulatory surgical facility shall have certification in basic life support. A licensed staff individual trained in basic life support shall be on duty whenever there is a patient in the facility.
B. The licensee shall have:
(1) A registered nurse available on site for emergency treatment whenever there is a patient in the freestanding ambulatory surgical facility;
(2) At least one physician available by phone 24 hours a day to respond to emergency situations; and
(3) Formal arrangements to obtain radiology and laboratory services at all times in case of emergencies.
C. The freestanding ambulatory surgical facility shall have at least the following emergency equipment available to the operating rooms:
(1) Emergency call system;
(3) Mechanical ventilatory assistance including airways, manual breathing bag, and ventilator;
(4) Cardiac defibrillator;
(5) Cardiac monitoring equipment;
(6) Tracheostomy set;
(7) Laryngoscopes and endotracheal tubes;
(8) Suction equipment; and
(9) Emergency medical equipment and supplies specified by the medical staff.