A. An applicant shall be required to demonstrate identity, age, and residency by providing one of the following at the test center:
(1) A current official Maryland driver's license or current official Maryland learner's permit;
(2) A current official Maryland identification (ID) card issued by the Motor Vehicle Administration;
(3) A current official photo ID issued to an incarcerated individual, with name, current address, date of birth, and signature, by the Department of Juvenile Services, the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, or other residential facility accepted by the State GEDŽ Administrator;
(4) A current official photo ID issued to an individual, with name, current address, date of birth, signature, and current address issued by a residential facility accepted by the State GEDŽ Administrator; or
(5) A current active duty military ID card.
B. If none of the forms of identification and residency identified in §A of this regulation are attainable, prior to scheduling a GEDŽ test, the applicant may apply to the Secretary for a waiver in accordance with the procedures set out in Regulation .18 of this chapter. The applicant shall provide to the GEDŽ Testing Office one or more forms of identification which collectively show name, address, date of birth, signature, and photograph. If the Secretary or the Secretarys designee is satisfied that the documentation of identification is authentic and valid, and the individual meets age and residency requirements, the Secretary may issue a waiver. The applicant shall present the documentation submitted to the Secretary in support of the waiver to the test center.
C. In addition to the documentation required in §A or B of this regulation, the applicant shall:
(1) Provide the applicant's signature verifying his or her identity and residency in Maryland at the test center at the time of testing;
(2) Remit the appropriate fee along with the completed application at the time of registration; and
(3) For an applicant 18 years old or younger, present to the GEDŽ Testing Office prior to the scheduling of a GEDŽ test:
(a) Written verification of school withdrawal from an official of the last regular full-time public or private school attended;
(b) Verification of home schooling pursuant to COMAR 13A.10.01 from an official of the:
(i) Supervising public or private school system; or
(ii) School or institution offering an educational program operated by a bona fide church organization; or
(c) A Maryland High School Certificate of Program Completion.