A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Applicant” means the individual who is seeking to take the GED® Tests.
(2) “Candidate” means an individual who is deemed eligible to take the GED® Tests, is scheduled to sit for the GED® Tests, or has taken the GED® Tests.
(3) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Labor.
(4) “GED®” means the nationally recognized high school equivalency test program.
(5) “Module” means a single subject area being measured by the GED® Tests.
(6) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Labor.
(7) "State Board" means the Maryland State Board of Education.