A. A home inspector shall visually inspect the structural system, including the structural components including foundation and framing.
(1) A home inspector shall probe a representative number of structural components where deterioration is suspected or where clear indications of possible deterioration exist.
(2) Probing is not required:
(a) If it will damage any finished surface; or
(b) Where no deterioration is visible.
C. A home inspector shall describe the structural system, including the:
(1) Foundation, and report the methods used to inspect the under-floor crawl spaces and basements;
(2) Floor structure;
(3) Wall structure;
(4) Ceiling structure; and
(5) Roof structure, and report the methods used to inspect the attic.
D. A home inspector is not required to:
(1) Provide any engineering service; or
(2) Offer an opinion as to the adequacy of any structural system or component.