A. Registration or Permit Denial. An applicant, registrant, or permit holder applying for an initial or renewal registration or permit may be denied approval subject to the hearing provisions of Business Regulation Article, §5-311, Annotated Code of Maryland, for any of the grounds listed in Business Regulation Article, §5-310, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. Hearing Before Director.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in §B(2)(6) of this regulation, all contested case hearings before the Director shall be governed by COMAR 09.01.02.
(2) In addition to the actions provided in COMAR 09.01.02.03C, the Director shall attempt to negotiate a settlement of a complaint between the complainant and a registrant or permit holder. If the Director is unable to negotiate a settlement of a complaint, the Director may, at the request of either party, refer the complaint to the Office of the Attorney General or the Office of Administrative Hearings for binding arbitration, if both parties agree to binding arbitration.
(3) An applicant who has been notified that a new or renewal registration or permit has been or may be denied and who requests a hearing before the Director must file the request for a hearing not later than 30 days after the date the notice or proposed action was mailed.
(4) The Director shall send the hearing notice described in COMAR 09.01.02.07B at least 10 days before the hearing, or, if the parties have agreed to a date for which 10 days notice cannot be given, at the earliest time possible.
(5) The notice to an applicant that a new or renewal registration or permit has been or may be denied shall state that the proposed action of the Director shall be affirmed if:
(a) A hearing is not requested within 30 days after the date the notice of proposed action was mailed; or
(b) The applicant fails to appear for the hearing after requesting a hearing.
(6) If, after a hearing, the proposed action of the Director is upheld, the appellant shall pay the hearing costs as described in COMAR 09.34.03.03F.
C. Hearings Delegated to the Office of Administrative Hearings. All contested case hearings delegated to the Office of Administrative Hearings shall be governed by COMAR 09.01.03.