A. Continuing Education Requirements.
(1) An applicant for license renewal shall complete, prior to submitting an application, a least 8 credit hours of qualifying continuing education in each 2-year license term.
(2) The continuing education requirement does not apply to the first renewal of a license by a licensee.
B. Qualifying continuing education shall be in technical forestry or forestry-related subject matter given by:
(1) The Department of Natural Resources Forest Service;
(2) The Maryland Department of Agriculture, Forest Pest Division or Soil Conservation District;
(3) The University of Maryland Extension, Natural Resources;
(4) The United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service;
(5) The Society of American Foresters;
(6) A college or university accredited by the Society of American Foresters;
(7) A course certified by the Society of American Foresters' Continuing Forestry Education program;
(8) The Association of Consulting Foresters;
(9) The International Society of Arboriculture; or
(10) Other continuing education approved by the Board.
C. Credit for continuing education accrues at a rate of 1 hour for:
(1) Each 50 minutes of actual classroom activity; or
(2) 3 hours of tour or field session activity.
D. A licensee, upon notification of audit of the continuing education reported on the license renewal application shall provide the following information:
(1) Name of provider;
(2) Name of course;
(3) Number of hours; and
(4) Dates attended.
(1) The Board may verify, on a random basis, satisfactory completion of the requirements of this regulation.
(2) A licensee shall retain the evidence to verify the satisfactory completion of the requirements of this regulation for a period of at least 2 years.
F. The Board may grant an additional period of time within which the deficiencies in satisfying the continuing education requirement may be corrected.
G. Continuing education hours may not be carried over from one licensing period to the next.