A. In order for an activity to be considered a qualifying activity, the activity shall meet the following criteria:
(1) Maintain and enhance professional competency of licensed landscape architects;
(2) Foster improvement, advancement, and extension of professional skills and knowledge related to the practice of landscape architecture;
(3) Offer learning experiences relevant to current landscape architectural practices as they relate to the public health, safety, and welfare; and
(4) Be presented, led or taught at a professional level by well-qualified professionals in the learning environment conducive to learning and appropriate for accomplishing learning objectives described in these regulations.
B. Qualifying activities may fall into one or more of the following categories:
(1) Research, analysis, assessment, conservation, preservation, and enhancement of land use;
(2) Selection and allocation of cultural, historic, and natural resources;
(3) Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of landscape architecture in Maryland;
(4) Standards of practice or care;
(5) Professional ethics as applicable to the practice of landscape architecture; or
(6) Similar topics aimed to maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the practice of landscape architecture.