A. Applicants for license renewal or reinstatement shall provide a certification of compliance with the license requirements, under Business Occupations and Professions Article, §§2-311 and 2-312, Annotated Code of Maryland, under penalty of perjury, in an appropriate form specified by the Board.
B. An applicant for license renewal or reinstatement who reports continuing education credit hours to the Board shall retain the applicable documentation of the credit hours, as specified in this chapter, for a period of 4 years from the application date.
C. The Board, at its discretion, may verify the information and documentation supporting the certification of continuing education credit hours reported. Upon request, the individual who reported the continuing education credit hours shall submit to the Board, or its designee, copies of the original documentation.
D. An applicant for license renewal or reinstatement may request a modification of continuing professional education credit hours previously reported to the Board provided that the applicant:
(1) Makes the request in writing within 30 days of the application date; and
(2) Provides to the Board the documentation identified in §A of this regulation for the continuing professional education credit hours claimed.
E. An applicant for reinstatement may only report continuing education hours earned within 2 years of the application date.
F. Credit Hour Calculation. For purposes of these regulations, the Board shall calculate continuing education credit hours as follows:
(1) 50 minutes of instruction shall be considered equivalent to 1 credit hour;
(2) 25 minutes of instruction shall be considered equivalent to .5 credit hour;
(3) 10 minutes of instruction shall be considered equivalent to .2 credit hour;
(4) Instruction of duration other than set forth in §F(1)(3) of this regulation shall be rounded down to the lowest 10-minute increment; and
(5) Instruction of a duration less than 10 minutes may not qualify for continuing education credit.