A. Notwithstanding other requirements set forth in this chapter, a licensee who is granted an initial license may renew a license for the next full term without complying with the CPC requirements if:
(1) The licensee has been granted an initial license and is renewing a license for the next full term; and
(2) The licensee qualifies under the criteria set forth in Title 2.5, Business Regulation Article, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. Compliance Exception Request.
(1) If a licensee is unable to comply with all or part of CPC requirements due to physical disability, illness, or other extenuating circumstances, the licensee may request the Board or the Board’s administrative designee grant a one-time exception from compliance (Compliance Exception Request), provided that the Compliance Exception Request is filed with the Board or the Board’s administrative designee at least 30 days prior to the licensee’s license expiration date.
(2) If a Compliance Exception Request is based on physical disability or illness, the licensee must provide the Board or the Board’s designee with written documentation acceptable to the Board supporting the basis for the request.
(3) A Compliance Exception Request must be accompanied by a detailed proposal acceptable to the Board indicating the licensee’s intended plan of compliance with CPC requirements within no later than 6 months after the license expiration date. Failure to provide the acceptable plan of compliance within the time period specified in this regulation may result in the Board’s administrative dismissal of the Compliance Exception Request.