A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meaning indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Activity" means attending and completing any qualifying courses, seminars, workshops, technical presentations, and other qualifying programs with a clear purpose and objective that will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee’s field of practice. Regular duties in the course of employment are not considered qualified activities.
(2) "Authorized provider” means an organization or individual reviewed and approved by the Board.
(3) "Board" means the State Board for Professional Engineers.
(4) “Dual Licensee” means a person who is licensed as both a professional engineer and a professional land or property line surveyor.
(5) “NCEES” means the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
(6) “Professional Development Hour (PDH)” means a contact hour (nominal) of instruction or presentation and is the common denominator for other units of credit.
(7) "Qualifying program" means any course, seminar, workshop, technical presentation, or other qualifying offering that meets the criteria set forth in Regulation .04 of this chapter.
(8) “Reporting period” means a 2-year licensing period immediately preceding a current individual licensing term.
(9) “Self-directed activity” means an activity that does not involve a face-to-face direct learning experience. The self-directed activity may include, but is not limited to, correspondence courses, online courses, and televised, videotaped, or audiotaped presentations and shall provide for, in addition to the requirements in Regulation .04 of this chapter, clear outcome measures in the form of a narrative, test, report, study, research paper, or any other appropriate form or method.