A. An amateur mixed martial arts contestant shall use:
(1) Hand wraps as described in COMAR 09.14.16.03B;
(2) Open finger gloves, which shall weigh not less than 4 ounces and not more than 7.5 ounces;
(3) A mouth guard;
(4) Shin pads;
(5) Instep pads; and
(6) For male contestants, groin protection.
B. An amateur mixed martial arts contestant may not use:
(1) Shoes or sneakers;
(2) Shorts with a metal zipper;
(3) A shirt, other than a female amateur mixed martial arts contestant, who shall wear a rashguard; or
(4) Grease, oil, balm, lotion, or an excessive amount of petroleum jelly on the face or body.
C. An amateur mixed martial arts contestant shall have properly trimmed fingernails and toenails.