A. Purpose. The purpose of a metes and bounds description is to create a written legal description of the subject tract of land that provides information necessary to properly locate the property on the ground and distinctly set it apart from all other properties.
(1) A metes and bounds description shall indicate the general location of the property by:
(a) Naming the particular lot or block, or other acceptable identification within which it is located, if the property is located in a subdivision; or
(b) By reference to the deed for the parcel being described, and information with regard to tax or election district, county, and state.
(2) The description shall also logically compile and incorporate calls for the following:
(a) Courses and distances with a statement regarding the basis of bearing;
(b) Adjoining record title lines, and rights-of-way as appropriate; and
(c) Statement of the subject land area.
(3) The point of beginning shall be carefully chosen and described in a manner which will distinguish it indisputably from any other point.
(4) Curved boundaries shall include sufficient data to define the curve, including the direction of curve, radius, arc length, chord bearing, and chord length. The description shall also include the identification of nontangent curves.
(5) If a metes and bounds description is based upon a boundary survey performed in accordance with Regulation .03 of this chapter, sufficient monuments or reference control points which were used to determine the property lines shall be called in the metes and bounds description.
(6) The metes and bounds description shall contain a statement to the effect that a licensee either personally prepared a metes and bounds description or was in responsible charge over its preparation and the surveying work reflected in it, all in compliance with requirements set forth in Regulation .12 of this chapter.
(7) The metes and bounds description shall be signed and sealed by a surveyor who personally prepared or was in responsible charge over the preparation of the metes and bounds description.