A. The definitions set forth in Business Regulation Article, §11-210, Annotated Code of Maryland, apply in this chapter, unless otherwise noted.
B. In addition, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
(1) “ARCI” means the Association of Racing Commissioners International, Inc., a trade organization of the official governing rule making bodies for horse racing in North America with pari-mutuel betting.
(2) “Drug” means a substance which may have a pharmacological effect on a horse, and:
(a) Which does not exist naturally in the untreated horse at a normal physiological concentration;
(b) Is defined as a controlled dangerous substance under Criminal Law Article, §5-101, Annotated Code of Maryland;
(c) Is intended to be used for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of diseases affecting a human or other animal;
(d) Other than food, is intended to affect the structure or a function of the body of a human or other animal;
(e) Is intended for use as a component of an item specified in §B(2)(a)(d) of this regulation; or
(f) Includes the detection of two or more non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in blood plasma or urine or both.
(3) “Judges” means those individuals appointed by the Commission to enforce the regulations of the Commission at a harness race track.
(4) “State” means the State of Maryland.
(5) “Stewards” means those individuals appointed by the Commission to enforce the regulations of the Commission at a thoroughbred race track.