A. A driver challenge event is one in which the:
(1) Racing association:
(a) Designates the specific races on a racing program that will comprise the event; and
(b) Assigns a number to each of the drivers participating in these races;
(2) Number of runners scheduled to participate in each race comprising the event is:
(a) The same; and
(b) No more than nine;
(3) Same drivers are scheduled to drive in each race comprising the event; and
(4) Selection of the number assigned to a driver automatically selects the horses scheduled to be driven by that driver in each race comprising the driver challenge event.
B. A racing association conducting a driver challenge event may offer any type of bet on this series of races that is authorized by this chapter for a single race.
(1) Points shall be awarded to each betting interest according to the finish of the horses in each race comprising the driver challenge event, as follows:
(a) 14 points for a first place finisher;
(b) 9 points for a second place finisher;
(c) 7 points for a third place finisher; and
(d) The points awarded for each subsequent finisher after the finisher under §C(1)(c) of this regulation shall decrease by one point from the points awarded to the preceding finisher, ending at one point for the ninth place finisher.
(2) If there is a dead heat for any position in one or more of the races comprising this event, the points for the position dead-heated and the subsequent position or positions, as appropriate, shall be aggregated and then allocated proportionately for the horses involved in the dead heat.
(3) If a horse is scratched, declared a nonstarter in a race, or the race is called "No Contest", the betting interests involved shall be awarded one point for that race.
(4) After the last race of the driver challenge event, the points earned by each betting interest shall be totaled and the betting interest with the:
(a) Highest number of points shall be considered to have finished first;
(b) Second highest number of points shall be considered to have finished second;
(c) Third highest number of points shall be considered to have finished third; and
(d) All subsequent places shall be awarded accordingly.
(5) Any ties for the places determined under §C(4) of this regulation shall be broken by awarding the place for which the betting interests tied to the betting interest with the greatest number of:
(a) First place finishes;
(b) Second place finishes, if a tie still exists after applying the provisions of §C(5)(a) of this regulation; and
(c) Finishers at the next lower finishing position, down to nine, if a tie still exists after applying the provisions of §C(5)(a) and (b) of this regulation.
(6) If, at the end of the process described under §C(5) of this regulation, the tie is not broken, the betting interests tied shall be considered to have finished in a dead heat.