A. The Pick (n) is a type of bet encompassing four or more races, the exact number of races being determined by the number substituted for (n), in which a bettor selects a betting interest to finish not lower than the position specified for this bet by the racing association for each of the races comprising the bet.
C. A Pick (n) bet shall be refunded if:
(1) For any reason, 50 percent or more of the races scheduled as a part of this bet are cancelled or declared a "no contest"; or
(2) No bet qualifies for a pay off under the provisions of §D, E, or F(1) of this regulation, and the provisions of §H of this regulation have not been invoked.
D. If one or more of the races scheduled as part of the Pick (n) bet, but fewer than the number specified under §C(1) of this regulation, are cancelled or declared a "no contest", the net pool on the bet from that day only shall be distributed, on a pari-mutuel basis, among the bets which contain the most correct selections for the races which were run.
E. Except as provided in §C or D of this regulation, the net pool created under a Pick (n) bet, along with any carryover from previous pools of the same type of bet, shall be distributed on a pari-mutuel basis among those bets which contain:
(1) All the correct selections; or
(2) The most correct selections if:
(a) No bet contains all the correct selections, and
(b) The racing association has given prior notice that there will be a mandatory distribution of the carryover.
F. If no bet contains all the correct selections in accordance with §E(1) of this regulation, and §E(2) of this regulation has not been invoked, the net pool created under a Pick (n) bet shall be divided into two pools, where:
(1) One pool shall be distributed among those bets which contain the most correct selections; and
(2) The other pool shall be carried over to the next program to offer this type of bet.
G. The formula for allocating the net pool among the two pools created under §F of this regulation shall be:
(1) Established by the racing association; and
(2) Maintained as established, until:
(a) A bet contains all the correct selections, or
(b) The carryover pool is distributed in accordance with the provisions of §E(2) of this regulation.
H. Entire Net Pool Assigned to Bets Containing All the Correct Selections.
(1) Upon giving prior notice, a racing association may conduct a Pick (n) for which the entire net pool created by this bet may only be distributed to bets which contain all the correct selections.
(2) If the racing association elects to employ the provisions of §H(1) of this regulation, the association shall continue to employ these provisions until the pool created by employing these provisions, including the carryover pool, if any, has been distributed.
I. Dead Heat. If a dead heat or heats occur involving horses finishing in, or higher than, any of the places for which this bet is offered, a horse in a dead heat shall be considered as finishing in the position for which it dead heated.
J. If there is more than one combination of winning bets, the aggregate dollars bet on the winning combinations shall be used to calculate the will pay without regard to the amount bet on one winning combination in relation to the amount bet on another winning combination.
K. Scratches. If a betting interest is scratched, excused, or determined by the judges to be a nonstarter:
(1) The actual favorite, as evidenced by the amounts bet in the win pool when betting on the race in which the scratched betting interest was to participate is closed, shall be substituted for that betting interest; or
(2) The favorite with the lowest program number shall be substituted for the scratched betting interest if the amount bet in the win pool is identical on two or more favorites when betting on the race is closed.