A. The Superfecta is a type of bet in which a bettor must select four different betting interests to finish first, second, third, and fourth in that exact order.
B. If there was no bet issued which selected the first four betting interests in the exact order and the association has not provided for a carryover under §I of this regulation or provided for the distribution of a carryover under §J of this regulation, the net pool from this bet shall be distributed, in the following order of precedence, among those bets which selected the betting interests which finished:
(1) First, second, and third in that exact order;
(2) First and second in that exact order, if there is no bet that complies with §C(1) of this regulation; or
(3) First, if there is no bet that complies with §B(1) or (2) of this regulation.
C. If fewer than four betting interests finish the race, the net pool, not including any carryover, shall be distributed among the bets which selected the betting interests finishing the race in the exact order of the finish.
D. Pay Off.
(1) The pay off on winning bets shall be calculated as established for a win bet in accordance with Regulation .45W(1) of this chapter unless there is a dead heat for one or more of the first four positions.
(2) If there is a dead heat for one or more of the first four positions:
(a) The betting interests dead heated shall be counted as finishing in all of the places encompassed by the dead heat; and
(b) The pay off shall be calculated as established for a place or show pool in accordance with Regulation .45W(2) or (3) of this chapter, whichever is applicable.
E. The betting pool created under §A of this regulation, not including any carryover, shall be refunded if, for any reason:
(1) No bet made qualifies for a payoff under §B or C of this regulation; or
(2) The judges declare the race a "no contest".
F. The Superfecta may not be offered on a race which contains a field.
G. If the horses in a coupled entry finish in more than one of the first four positions, one or more of the horses, as necessary, finishing directly after the first four horses shall be:
(1) Used to complete a winning selection consisting of four different numbers; and
(2) Assigned the positions behind those horses which have been advanced due to the coupled entry finishing in more than one of the first four positions.
H. If a Superfecta bet contains a betting interest which is scratched, the bet shall be refunded.
I. If, before accepting bets on a race for which Superfecta betting is offered, the association announces that a certain percentage of the Superfecta net pool will be carried over if no bet selects the first four finishers in exact order:
(1) The percentage carried over shall be distributed proportionately among those bets which select the first four finishers in exact order the next time the bet is offered; and
(2) The remainder of the pool shall be distributed in accordance with §C of this regulation.
J. If the association has announced before accepting bets on the race that it will distribute the amount carried over from prior races, and no bet selects the first four finishers in exact order, the association shall distribute the carryover using the distribution provisions under §B of this regulation, unless the provisions of §E of this regulation apply.