A. A jockey challenge event is one in which the Racing Association:
(1) Designates the specific races on a racing program that will comprise the event;
(2) Designates those jockeys who are scheduled to ride in each of the races comprising the event; and
(3) Assigns a number to each of the jockeys participating in these races.
B. The number of horses scheduled to participate in each race comprising the event shall be the same or greater than the number of jockeys selected by the Association to participate in the event.
C. A racing association conducting a jockey challenge event may offer win and exacta wagering on the event.
(1) Points shall be awarded to each betting interest according to the finish of the horses in each race comprising the jockey challenge event as follows:
(a) 12 points for a first place finisher;
(b) 6 points for a second place finisher;
(c) 4 points for a third place finisher; and
(d) 3 points for a fourth place finisher.
(2) If there is a dead heat for any position in one or more of the races comprising this event, the points for the position dead-heated and subsequent position or positions, as appropriate, shall be aggregated and then allocated proportionately for the horses involved in the dead heat.
(3) If a horse is scratched or declared a nonstarter in the race and the selected jockey is not reassigned a mount, the actual favorite, as evidenced by the amounts wagered in the win pool at the time of the start of that race will be substituted for the non-starting selection.
(4) If the rider is reassigned a mount due to a scratch, any points earned in accordance with the scale described in §D(1) of this Regulation by the re-assigned mount shall be credited to the jockey's point score.
(5) If a jockey fails to a ride a horse to which the jockey has been assigned for any reason other than a scratch or that horse being declared a "non-starter," and the jockey is not reassigned to another mount in that same race, points shall be awarded based upon the finish of the horse to which the jockey originally was assigned.
E. Cancellation of Races"No Race".
(1) If a race in the jockey challenge event is cancelled or declared "No Race", the winners shall be determined by the points awarded in the remaining races comprising the jockey challenge event.
(2) If two or more of the races comprising the jockey challenge event are cancelled or declared "No Race", the entire jockey challenge event pool shall be refunded.
F. After the last race of the jockey challenge event, the points earned by each of the participating jockeys shall be totaled and the betting interest with the:
(1) Highest number of points shall be considered to have finished first; and
(2) Second highest number of points shall be considered to have finished second.
(1) Any ties for the places determined under §F of this regulation shall be considered dead heats.
(2) Payout prices for ties determined under §F of this regulation shall be calculated as prescribed in Regulation .70G of this chapter.