(1) In this regulation, the following term has the meaning indicated.
(2) Term Defined. Head-to-head wager means a bet in which an individual selects one of two designated horses in a particular race to reach the finish line before the other, regardless of the position in which the other horses finish the race.
B. The association shall designate:
(1) Which races a head-to-head wager will be offered; and
(2) Which horses in each race are the selections for the head-to-head wager.
C. Races in which a head-to-head wager is offered shall be:
(1) Approved by the Commission; and
(2) Clearly designated in the program.
D. Horses coupled as a betting entry or horses coupled to constitute a mutual field may not constitute one of the selections in a head-to-head wager.
E. A head-to-head wager is not a parlay and has no connection with, or relation to, any other pari-mutuel pool.
F. A head-to-head wagering pari-mutuel pool shall be considered a regular pari-mutuel pool for the purposes of takeout and the allocation of takeout.
H. The entire head-to-head wagering pool shall be refunded if:
(1) One of the designated horses is scratched or declared a nonstarter by the stewards;
(2) A dead heat occurs between the two horses designated for the head-to-head wager; or
(3) Both designated horses fail to finish the race.
I. The rules pertaining to a head-to-head wager shall be:
(1) Prominently displayed in the wagering area; and
(2) Made available to anyone requesting a copy.