A. This regulation does not require a consumer reporting agency to register each year information previously registered that remains unchanged.
B. A consumer reporting agency which issues consumer reports on residents of this State shall register with the Commissioner:
(1) On or before the effective date of these regulations; and
(2) On or before January 1 of each year after the effective date of these regulations.
C. To register under this regulation, a consumer reporting agency shall submit to the Commissioner in writing the following information:
(1) The legal name of the consumer reporting agency;
(2) The addresses of:
(a) The principal office, and
(b) All offices located in this State;
(3) The name of a responsible official of the consumer reporting agency who is available to respond expeditiously to inquiries or complaints referred by the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee;
(4) A toll-free telephone number for use by the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee, at which the responsible official required to be identified in this section may be reached;
(5) A toll-free telephone number or numbers maintained by the consumer reporting agency which is available to all Maryland residents for making inquiries;
(6) A certification that trained personnel sufficient to promptly and properly investigate and respond to consumer complaints and inquiries are available; and
(7) The mailing address or addresses to which a consumer may correspond with the consumer reporting agency in order to:
(a) Obtain a copy of their consumer report, and
(b) File written complaints or disputes about the accuracy of information contained in their consumer report.
D. If the information supplied in a consumer reporting agency's registration submission becomes inaccurate at any time during the calendar year, the consumer reporting agency shall immediately submit to the Commissioner written notice of the changes.