A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Apprenticeship Maryland” means the pilot apprenticeship program to provide students with some of the necessary on-site employment training and related classroom instruction needed to obtain a license or certification for a skilled occupation.
(2) “Council” means the Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Council.
(3) “Eligible career track” means an occupation in the manufacturing industry, or the science, technology, engineering, and math industries.
(4) “Eligible employer” means an employer that:
(a) Has an apprentice position available for a high school student in an eligible career track; and
(b) Is approved by the Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Council under Labor and Employment Article, §11-405(b), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) “MDL” means the Maryland Department of Labor.
(6) “MSDE” means the Maryland State Department of Education.
(7) “Secretary” means the Secretary of Labor.
(8) “Youth apprentice” means an eligible student who is:
(a) Interested in obtaining a license or certification in a skilled occupation;
(b) A junior or senior in high school in the State; and
(c) Selected to participate in Apprenticeship Maryland by the county superintendent from a participating school system.