A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Controlled dangerous substance" means those drugs listed in Criminal Law Article, §5-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Diver down" means that a person is engaged in diving in the immediate area.
(3) "Lake" means the area of pooled water located on the North Branch Potomac River in Garrett County, Maryland, and Mineral County, West Virginia, formed by the Jennings Randolph Dam.
(4) "Lake manager" means the person appointed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and designated as manager or resident engineer of the Lake and the Lake's activities.
(5) "Lake project" means the area within the boundaries of the Jennings Randolph Lake project owned and administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
(6) "Minimum/no wake speed" means idling speed or the slowest possible speed necessary to maintain steerage under prevailing wind and Lake conditions.
(7) "Operate" means to navigate or otherwise use a motorboat or vessel.
(8) "Personal watercraft" means a Class A vessel that:
(a) Has an inboard motor that uses an internal combustion engine powering a water jet pump as its primary source of motive propulsion;
(b) Is designed with no open carrying area which would retain water; and
(c) Has the probability that the operator and passenger may, in the normal course of use, fall overboard.
(9) "SAE" means the Society of Automotive Engineers.
(10) "Specialty prop craft" means a vessel less than 16 feet in length similar in appearance and operation to a personal watercraft, with a propeller as the primary source of propulsion. For the purpose of this chapter, a specialty prop craft is considered a personal watercraft.
(11) "Steerage" means the minimum rate of motion required for the steerage apparatus of a vessel to have effect.
(12) "Vessel" means any type of watercraft, except a seaplane, used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water or ice.