42:14 15-173/EEMERGENCY ACTION IN EFFECT (Reg .02) 6/12/1510/31/15
A. An individual may not have or use on the waters of the lake a vessel 26 feet or more in length overall, except for a:
(1) Pontoon boat, which may not exceed 30 feet in length overall;
(2) Vessel operating under a valid nonconforming use permit; or
(3) Boat with a molded platform, which may not exceed 27 feet in length.
B. An individual may not operate a vessel with an engine or engines:
(1) Exceeding the manufacturer's recommended maximum horsepower capacity; or
(2) With a total displacement of greater than 550 cubic inches.
C. Except for an authorized patrol vessel, an individual may not use a siren on a vessel.
D. An individual may not have or use a houseboat on the waters of the lake.
E. An individual may not deposit or cause to be deposited garbage, sewage, waste of any kind, food stuff, paper, or other litter in the waters of Deep Creek Lake.
F. An individual may not operate a vessel with an installed marine sanitation device capable of discharging treated or untreated sewage into the waters of the lake.
G. The Department shall position buoys on the lake to mark hazards and public swimming areas. An individual may not operate a vessel inshore from a buoy which designates a public swimming area.
H. Only Penelec may position buoys associated with the operation of the dam, intake, and spillway.
I. Prohibited Activities.
(1) An individual may not:
(a) Operate on the lake a vessel which is towing another individual who is attached to a parachute or other device which causes that individual to become airborne; or
(b) Be towed by a vessel which is towing another individual who is attached to a parachute or other device which causes that individual to become airborne.
(2) This prohibition does not apply to the operation of JetPack Vessels on the lake.
J. Time Restrictions Personal Watercraft, JetPack Vessels and Air-Cushioned Vessels. Except for vessels owned and operated by the State or local government, an individual may not operate a personal watercraft, jetpack vessel or air-cushioned vessel on the lake from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on:
(1) The Saturday, Sunday, and holiday of Memorial Day weekend; and
(2) The Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from July 1 through Labor Day.