A. A designation is valid for 2 years after the date of issuance.
B. The owner of a pollinator-friendly solar generation facility shall:
(1) Properly maintain the facility in accordance with the facility’s approved pollinator habitat plan;
(2) Comply with the conditions of the designation;
(3) Make the facility’s pollinator habitat plan available to the Maryland, DC, and Virginia Solar Energy Industries Association or other nonprofit solar industry trade associations; and
(4) Notify the Department of any change in contact information for the solar generation facility within 30 days of the change, on a form provided by the Department.
C. The Department may revoke a designation if the facility is not managed or maintained in accordance with:
(1) A provision of Natural Resources Article, §3-303.1, Annotated Code of Maryland;
(2) A provision of the facility’s approved pollinator habitat plan; or
(3) A condition of the designation.
D. Renewal of a Designation.
(1) A designation may be renewed in accordance with this section if the results of an on-site renewal inspection indicate that the facility:
(a) Meets the minimum standards established on the Solar Site Pollinator Habitat Planning and Assessment Scorecard; and
(b) Is being managed in accordance with the approved pollinator habitat plan.
(2) To renew a pollinator-friendly designation, the owner of the solar generation facility shall:
(a) Have an inspector complete an on-site renewal inspection of the facility;
(b) Forward the results of the renewal inspection to the Department; and
(c) Submit a renewal request on a form provided by the Department.
(3) A renewal request shall:
(a) Be submitted within 90 days of the expiration of the designation;
(b) Include a Solar Site Pollinator Habitat Planning and Assessment Scorecard completed by the on-site renewal inspector; and
(c) Include a written evaluation by the inspector indicating the land is planted and managed in accordance with the facility’s approved pollinator habitat plan.
E. Pollinator Habitat Plan Modification.
(1) The Department may approve a modification to a solar generation facility’s pollinator habitat plan if the owner of a solar generation facility submits a written request to modify its pollinator habitat plan to the Department.
(2) Additional Information.
(a) If the Department requests an applicant to submit additional information related to the requested modification, the owner shall submit the requested information to the Department within 30 days of the Department’s request.
(b) Failure to submit the additional information within 30 days of the Department’s request shall result in termination of the Department’s review of the requested modification.