.06 Examinations and Continuing Education Requirements.

A. An applicant for a permit allowing a person to rehabilitate wildlife shall take a course and pass a test designed by:

(1) The International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council; or

(2) The National Wildlife Rehabilitation Association.

B. For each license period, a master wildlife rehabilitator shall complete 12 hours of continuing education classes or research approved by the Department. The Department shall provide a list of approved activities offered through state or national rehabilitation organizations, veterinary experts in a specialized field, or master rehabilitators to complete this requirement.