A. A person shall have until March 31, 2008, to declare in writing to the Director possession of each individual:
(1) Eastern painted turtle, midland painted turtle, eastern mud turtle, northern red-bellied cooter, and stinkpot possessed prior to the effective date of this regulation, if the person possesses more than one individual, live or dead;
(2) Diamond-backed terrapin possessed prior to the effective date of these regulations, if the person possesses any individuals taken from the wild;
(3) Copperhead possessed prior to May 31, 2006;
(4) Broad-headed skink, eastern six-lined racerunner, eastern hog-nosed snake, queen snake, or common ribbonsnake possessed prior to the effective date of this regulation, if the person possesses more than one individual, live or dead; or
(5) Eastern mud salamander possessed prior to the effective date of this regulation, live or dead.
B. For each individual reptile or amphibian possessed, the declaration shall include:
(1) Species name;
(2) Number of individuals of each species;
(3) Date acquired;
(4) Sex, if known;
(5) Estimated age;
(7) Origin; and
(8) Other identifying characteristics or specific markings such as tattoos, registration numbers, PIT tag numbers, coloration, missing limbs, or notched shells.
C. The Department shall acknowledge each declaration in writing. This acknowledgement shall serve as a permit for possession only and is not transferable.
D. The holder of a grandfather permit shall be subject to inspection as described in Regulation .12A of this chapter.