A. Filleting and Finning.
(1) Sharks may not be filleted or cut into pieces at sea.
(2) Finning is prohibited.
B. Public Notice.
(1) The Secretary may modify size limits, catch limits, gear provisions, shark species lists, and seasons for sharks in order to comply with species management through the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Atlantic Coastal Sharks by issuing a public notice on the Fisheries Service website.
(2) The public notice shall state its effective hour and date and shall be published on the Fisheries Service website at least 48 hours in advance of the effective hour and date.
(3) The Secretary shall make a reasonable effort to disseminate a public notice issued under this section through various other media so that an affected individual has a reasonable opportunity to be informed.
(4) A violation of the restrictions set by the Secretary in accordance with §B of this regulation is a violation of this regulation.
C. Spiny Dogfish. The provisions of this chapter do not apply to spiny dogfish (Squalis acanthias). Spiny dogfish (Squalis acanthias) may be harvested in accordance with COMAR 08.02.05.24.