A. Any person licensed to fish commercially shall accurately record their catch on forms provided by the Department.
B. During any season a licensee is authorized to fish commercially the licensee shall:
(1) Accurately record their catch on the report or reports described in §C of this regulation or a comparable federal form approved by the Department; and
(2) Unless the licensee has indicated on a form provided by the Department that the licensee will not be participating in a fishery for a particular period of time, the licensee shall submit the completed report or reports to the Department in accordance with §D of this regulation.
(1) During the appropriate open seasons, the following reports shall be submitted to the Department monthly:
|License Type or Authorization||Required Report|
|Finfish-Hook and Line||Daily Commercial Fisheries Catch Log|
|Finfish Harvester-All Gear||Daily Commercial Fisheries Catch Log|
|Unlimited Tidal Fish License||Daily Commercial Fisheries Catch Log, Daily Record of Commercial Crabbing, Maryland Monthly Oyster Report, Commercial Charter Boat Captainís Daily Log, Monthly Softshell/Razor Clam Report, Monthly Hardshell Clam Report|
|Limited Crab Catcher, Crab Harvester, or Additional Crab Pot Authorizations||Daily Record of Commercial Crabbing|
|Oyster Harvester or Oyster Dredge Boat||Maryland Monthly Oyster Report|
|Conch, Turtles, and Lobster||Daily Commercial Fisheries Catch Log|
|Resident Fishing Guide||Commercial Charter Boat Captainís Daily Log|
|Nonresident Fishing Guide||Commercial Charter Boat Captainís Daily Log|
|Master Fishing Guide||Commercial Charter Boat Captainís Daily Log|
|Clam Harvester||Monthly Softshell/Razor Clam Report, Monthly Hardshell Clam Report|
(2) The Maryland monthly oyster report is only required of a licensee that has paid the oyster surcharge in accordance with Natural Resources Article, §4-701, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) The Commercial Charter Boat Captainís Daily Log is only required of a licensee that operates a charter under the charter boat license described in Natural Resources Article, §4-745, Annotated Code of Maryland and COMAR 08.02.01.07.
D. The reports described in §C of this regulation shall be submitted by the 10th day of the month immediately following the month that the report or reports pertain to.
E. In accordance with Natural Resources Article, §4-701(l), Annotated Code of Maryland, the Department may suspend a person's tidal fish license, authorization, or entitlement to engage in a particular activity or activities under a tidal fish license if the reports described in ßC of this regulation are not received by the Department within 50 days of the due date described in ßD of this regulation.
F. The maximum penalty for failing to submit reports within 50 days of the due date described in ßD of this regulation shall be as follows:
|Number of Late Reports||Maximum Penalty|
G. The "Number of Late Reports" described in §F of this regulation means the number of late reports the Department has recorded for each individual report required by §C of this regulation in any 12-month period.
H. The "Number of Late Reports" described in §F of this regulation does not mean the total number of late reports the Department has recorded for all reports required by §C of this regulation.
I. The Department may only suspend a licensee under this regulation from participating in the fishery or fisheries to which the reporting violations pertain.
J. The Department may impose less than the maximum suspension.
K. Before the Department imposes a suspension or revocation under this regulation, an individual is entitled to a contested case hearing upon request in accordance with Natural Resources Article, §4-701, Annotated Code of Maryland.