(1) A tidal fish licensee who possesses a clam harvester or unlimited tidal fish license under Natural Resources Article, §4-701(d)(ii), Annotated Code of Maryland, shall declare an intent to harvest clams in order to participate in the clam season.
(2) Declaration Schedule. A tidal fish licensee may submit an application of declaration during license renewal as described in Natural Resources Article, §4-701, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. The individual shall declare separately for each of the following species:
(1) Soft-shell clams:
(a) Mya arenaria; and
(b) Razor clams (Tagelus plebeius); and
(2) Hard-shell clams (Mercenaria mercenaria).
C. Reporting. Tidal fish licensees who declare an intent to harvest clams under this regulation shall report in accordance with COMAR 08.02.13.06 on forms provided by the Department.
D. Closure Areas.
(1) The Department shall provide the publication as described in Natural Resources Article, §4-1006.2, Annotated Code of Maryland, to each individual declaring an intent to harvest clams.
(2) An individual receiving the publication as described in §D(2)(a) of this regulation shall certify to the Department on the form the Department prescribes that the person received the publication.