A. Species. The following species are defined as tilefish:
(1) Blueline tilefish (Caulolatilus microps);
(2) Golden tilefish (Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps); and
(3) Sand tilefish (Malacanthus plumieri).
B. A person may not catch, possess, or land tilefish in violation of the:
(1) Catch limit established in accordance with 50 CFR 648;
(2) Size specifications established in accordance with 50 CFR 648;
(3) Season established in accordance with 50 CFR 648; and
(4) Gear specifications established in accordance with 50 CFR 648.
(1) All commercially harvested tilefish may be eviscerated, but shall be landed with the head and fins naturally attached to the carcass.
(2) A person may not catch, possess, or land tilefish when the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration closes the fishery in federal waters.
(3) Tilefish harvested for commercial purposes from Maryland waters of the Atlantic Ocean or from the waters of the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and landed in Maryland shall be sold to a federally permitted dealer.
(4) A commercial licensee in possession of a valid Golden Tilefish Individual Fishing Quota issued by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Fisheries may possess and land golden tilefish in accordance with the individual fishing quota.