A. An individual may not catch or possess:
(1) A tautog less than 16 inches total length; and
(2) A tautog from November 27 through December 31.
B. Gear Restrictions. A pot and trap used to catch tautog shall have hinges or fasteners on one panel or door made of one of the following degradable materials:
(1) Untreated hemp or jute string of 3/16 inch in diameter or smaller;
(2) Magnesium alloy fasteners; or
(3) Ungalvanized or uncoated iron wire of 0.094-inch diameter or smaller.
C. Season and Creel Limit.
(1) From May 16 through October 31, an individual may not catch and possess more than two tautog per day.
(2) From November 1 through November 26, and January 1 through May 15, an individual may not catch and possess more than four tautog per day.
(1) The Secretary may modify catch limits or size limits or open or close a season as required by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Fishery Management Plan for Tautog by publishing notice in a daily newspaper of general circulation at least 48 hours in advance of the modification, stating the effective hour and date.
(2) The Secretary shall make reasonable effort to disseminate public notice through various other media so that an affected person has reasonable opportunity to be informed.