A. Recreational Fishery.
(1) The daily catch and possession limit per individual is one black drum.
(2) The daily catch and possession limit per boat is six black drum.
(3) A person may not catch or possess black drum less than 16 inches in total length.
B. Commercial Fishery.
(1) Atlantic Ocean.
(a) The annual total allowable landings is 1500 pounds.
(b) A commercial licensee may not catch or possess black drum less than 16 inches in total length.
(2) Coastal Bays of the Atlantic Ocean and Their Tributaries. Except for purposes of scientific investigation approved by the Department, a commercial licensee may not catch, possess, or sell black drum.
(3) Chesapeake Bay and Its Tidal Tributaries.
(a) A commercial licensee may not catch or possess black drum less than 28 inches in total length.
(b) The daily catch and possession limit is ten black drum per vessel per day, regardless of the number of commercial licensees on board the vessel.
D. Public Notice.
(1) The Secretary may establish or modify catch limits, size limits, and seasons for black drum in order to implement the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Black Drum, by issuing a public notice on the Departmentís website.
(2) The public notice shall state its effective hour and date and shall be published on the Departmentís website at least 48 hours in advance of the effective hour and date.
(3) The Secretary shall make a reasonable effort to disseminate a public notice issued under this section through various other media so that an affected person has a reasonable opportunity to be informed.
(4) A violation of the restrictions set by the Secretary in accordance with this section is a violation of this regulation.