A. Recreational Fishery.
(1) Minimum Size. An individual may not catch or possess a Spanish mackerel less than 14 inches total length.
(2) Catch Limit. An individual may not catch or possess more than 15 Spanish mackerel per day.
(3) Season. The recreational season for catching Spanish mackerel is January 1 through December 31.
(4) All Spanish mackerel harvested by a recreational angler shall be landed with the heads and fins attached naturally.
B. Commercial Fishery.
(1) Minimum Size. An individual licensed to catch fish for commercial purposes may not catch or possess a Spanish mackerel less than 14 inches total length.
(2) Catch Limit. No more than 3,500 pounds of Spanish mackerel may be landed per vessel per day or trip, whichever is longer, regardless of the number of licensees on board the vessel.
(3) Season. The commercial season for catching Spanish mackerel is March 1 through the last day of February.
(1) The Secretary may modify catch limits or size limits or open or close a season as required by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Spanish Mackerel by publishing notice in a daily newspaper of general circulation at least 48 hours in advance of the modification, stating the effective hour and date.
(2) The Secretary shall make reasonable effort to disseminate public notice through various other media so that an affected person has reasonable opportunity to be informed.