A. Species. The following species are defined as black bass:
(1) Largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides); and
(2) Smallmouth bass (Micropterus dolomieu).
B. Unless exempted by the black bass tournament permit, all regulations pertaining to the harvest of black bass are in effect for black bass tournaments and can be found in COMAR 08.02.05.19 and 08.02.11.03.04 and .06.
C. Black Bass Tournament Permit.
(1) A person shall obtain a black bass tournament permit prior to conducting a fishing tournament that:
(a) Has ten or more boats participating;
(b) Has a specific location where fish are weighed, measured, counted, or otherwise entered into the tournament; and
(c) Provides anglers an offer, reward, or incentive for catching black bass.
(2) A person shall apply to the Department, on forms provided by the Department, a minimum of:
(a) 15 business days prior to the tournament if the tournament has ten to 49 boats entered; or
(b) 30 business days prior to the tournament if the tournament has 50 or more boats entered.
(3) The black bass tournament permit may authorize more than one tournament provided the tournaments occur within the same calendar year.
(4) Transfers of black bass tournament permits are not permitted.
(5) The permittee or release boat operator shall be in possession of the black bass tournament permit while engaged in the fishing tournament activities specified on the permit.
D. A person with a valid black bass tournament permit shall follow all conditions on the permit.
E. Dead Fish Disposal. If fish die during the tournament the permittee shall dispose of the dead fish in accordance with the conditions specified on the black bass tournament permit.
F. Release Boats. A person operating a vessel used to distribute fish following a tournament shall comply with the conditions specified on the black bass tournament permit.
G. The Department may deny an application for a black bass tournament permit for failing to comply with the conditions of the applicant’s most recent black bass tournament permit.