A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Applicant" means an individual or governmental unit that requests the inspection and reproduction of a public record.
(2) "Custodian" means the official custodian who is an officer or employee of the Department, or of a political subdivision, who is responsible for keeping the public record, whether the officer or employee has physical custody and control of a public record.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Natural Resources.
(4) "Public record" means the original or a copy of any documentary material that is made by a unit or instrumental to the Department or received in connection with the transaction of public business, and is in any form, including:
(a) A card;
(b) A computerized record;
(d) A drawing;
(e) Film or microfilm;
(f) A form;
(g) A map;
(h) A photograph or photostat;
(i) A recording; or
(j) A tape.
(5) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Natural Resources.