A. The local department shall make a decision as to payment of cash assistance as promptly as possible but not later than 30 calendar days following the date the signed application for TCA is received in the local department.
B. If the assistance unit is eligible in the month of application, the TCA grant begins the date the signed application is received in the local department.
C. If the assistance unit is not eligible in the month of application, the TCA grant begins the first day of the following month.
D. The local department shall specify a period of eligibility for TCA that is not more than 12 months.
E. An applicant is not eligible when:
(1) The assistance unit does not meet need requirements or technical factors of eligibility;
(2) The applicant withdraws the application; or
(3) There is insufficient information to determine eligibility.
F. The local department shall dispose of an application by a finding of eligibility or ineligibility unless:
(1) The applicant voluntarily withdraws the application, and there is an entry in the case record that a notice has been sent to confirm the applicant's voluntary withdrawal; or
(2) There is an entry in the case record that the application has been disposed of because the head of household died or could not be located.
G. The local department shall:
(1) Provide written notice to the applicant to indicate either the authorized amount of financial assistance, or the denial or termination of assistance; and
(2) Include on the notice:
(a) The action taken;
(b) The regulation supporting the action; and
(c) An explanation of the individual's right to request an administrative hearing about the decision.