A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Biennial" means once every 2 fiscal years.
(2) "Fees" means payment asked or given for services rendered.
(3) "Function" means a definable or specific work activity.
(4) "Port tariff" means the published list of approved fees and charges issued by the Maryland Port Administration.
(5) "Service" means work done or completed for which the fee or user charge was derived.
(6) "Unit of State government" means any administration, agency, association, authority, board, bureau, college, commission, council, foundation, fund, department, institute, public corporation, service, trust, university, or other unit of the Executive, Judicial, or Legislative branches of the State government and includes any subunit within any of these units.
(7) "Up-to-date data" means the accumulation and reporting of fees and user charge data for the most recent fiscal year closed as of June 30.
(8) "User charges" generally means fees directly associated with work performed and beneficial to a specific requestor and not to the public at large.