A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated. The definitions in COMAR 03.03.05.01 also apply to this chapter.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Blender" means a person who owns, leases, operates, controls, or supervises an oxygenate blending facility.
(2) "Carrier" means a distributor who transports, stores, or is responsible for the transportation or storage of motor fuel without taking title to or otherwise having any ownership of the motor fuel, and without altering either the quality or quantity of the motor fuel.
(3) "Control area" means an oxygenated gasoline control area as defined in COMAR 03.03.05.01.
(4) "Control period" means an oxygenated gasoline control period as defined in COMAR 03.03.05.01.
(5) "CO standard" means the primary national ambient air quality standard for carbon monoxide, as specified at 40 CFR §50.8, of:
(a) 9 parts per million (10 milligrams per cubic meter) for an average 8-hour concentration not to be exceeded more than once per year; or
(b) 35 parts per million (40 milligrams per cubic meter) for a 1-hour average concentration not to be exceeded more than once per year.
(6) "Distributor" means a person who transports, stores, or is responsible for the transportation or storage of motor fuel at any point between any refiner or importer facility and any retail outlet or wholesale purchaser-consumer facility.
(7) "Importer" means any person who imports motor fuel from a foreign country into the United States.
(8) "Monitored violation" means two or more exceedances as measured at a State CO monitor within a 1-year period, as specified at 40 CFR §50.8, of either the:
(a) 8-hour CO standard; or
(b) 1-hour CO standard.
(9) "Oxygen content" means the percentage of oxygen by weight in gasoline, based upon the percentage by volume of component oxygenates exclusive of denaturants and other non-oxygen-containing components, the mass fraction of oxygen in each component oxygenate, and the density of each component oxygenate.
(10) "Oxygenate blending facility" means a facility at which oxygenate is added to gasoline or gasoline blendstocks to produce a finished oxygenated gasoline, and at which the quality or quantity of gasoline is not altered in any other manner except through the addition of deposit control additives.
(11) "Refiner" means any person who owns, leases, operates, controls, or supervises a plant where motor fuel is produced.
(12) "Reseller" means a person who purchases motor fuel and resells or transfers the motor fuel to retailers or wholesale purchaser-consumers.
(13) "Terminal" means a facility capable of receiving motor fuel in bulk or where motor fuel is altered in quantity or quality, or both, and where motor fuel is sold or supplied for transportation to a retail outlet or wholesale purchaser-consumer facility.