A. For the specific purpose of this regulation, "commingled products" means:
(1) Pipeline interface or transmix; or
(2) A mixture of gasoline and light distillates.
B. Commingled products may be blended into gasoline for redistribution, provided the:
(1) Person blending is a common carrier pipeline or holds a valid Class A dealer license issued by this State, and has obtained written approval from this State to blend; and
(2) Resultant product, after blending, at the time of the first sale or delivery, meets the specifications for the particular grade as prescribed by Regulation 01-1 of this chapter.
C. Addition of Commingled Products.
(1) A common carrier pipeline may add commingled products only once to a particular batch of product between the point of origin and the final receiving terminal.
(2) If a commingled product is added to a batch, the:
(a) Quantity of the commingled product may not exceed 0.25 percent by volume of the batch movement and shall be dispersed throughout the batch; and
(b) Common carrier pipeline shall:
(i) Notify the receiving terminal, in advance of receipt, of the quantity added, and
(ii) Indicate the volume of the commingled product added on the delivery ticket.
D. A receiving or shipping terminal may "line blend" its own commingled product into a receipt or shipment, provided the:
(1) Finished blend meets all applicable specifications of Regulation .01-1 of this chapter and the specifications for the product as registered with this State by the Class A dealer; and
(2) Volume of the commingled product does not exceed 0.25 percent of the product being shipped or received, and is dispersed throughout the batch.
E. A Class A dealer may "tank blend" commingled products with gasoline, provided the:
(1) Class A dealer can demonstrate the blending does not result in stratification;
(2) Volume of the commingled product does not exceed 0.25 percent of the tank volume at any time; and
(3) Finished blend meets all applicable Maryland specifications and the minimum specifications for the product as registered by the Class A dealer.
F. A Class A dealer shall routinely accept, when possible, drainages of small quantities of commingled products from tank vehicles. Quantities over 5 gallons may be accepted at the discretion of the terminal.