A. Each Cabinet-level agency head is directed to review its agency's inventory of state-owned office and storage space, leased office and storage space, and property inventories. Each agency head shall:
(1) Identify opportunities to consolidate various government functions into less square footage;
(2) Identify owned or leased storage units, garages, and warehouses that are not essential to agencies' core missions;
(3) Evaluate inventory levels and purchasing patterns to ensure that they align with the goal of minimizing space requirements;
(4) Eliminate excess property, either through sale or disposal, that occupies valuable owned and leased space; and
(5) Ensure that leased square footage office space is proportionate to each agency's current number of full time employees.
B. As the agency responsible for the majority of the State's real estate portfolio and the disposition of surplus property, the Department of General Services (DGS) shall be the lead agency in this effort. All agency heads, including those whose real estate portfolio is not currently managed by DGS, shall coordinate with DGS on all opportunities for consolidation.
C. The Secretary of DGS shall make recommendations to the Governor on any opportunities for space and property consolidation/reduction based on each agency's internal review.