A. There is a Maryland Statistical Analysis Center to be located in the Governor's Office of Crime Control and Prevention.
(1) Collect, analyze, and interpret State and local data on criminal and juvenile justice;
(2) Coordinate the collection and analysis of this data with local and State agencies, including StateStat, that utilize such data and have a stake in its timeliness and accuracy;
(3) Produce statistical reports on crime, delinquency, and the criminal juvenile justice systems;
(4) Provide and coordinate research, technical assistance, and statistics about crime and delinquency and criminal and juvenile justice policy to State and local agencies;
(5) Provide State and local government with access to federal resources in criminal and juvenile justice statistical information;
(6) Promote the development of criminal and juvenile justice statistical systems in Maryland;
(7) Serve as an information center and repository for criminal and juvenile justice data and documents;
(8) Provide support to the Criminal Justice Information Advisory Board;
(9) Provide and coordinate the sharing of Maryland's justice data with the Federal Bureau of Justice Statistics and other federal and State agencies; and
(10) Perform such additional duties as may be directed by the Governor.
C. This Executive Order is effective upon signature and shall continue in effect until amended, modified, terminated, or rescinded by the Governor or terminated by operation of law.