A. That each department and agency of the State of Maryland shall within the next year adopt policies and procedures which:
(1) Clearly direct that State agencies will not tolerate domestic violence;
(2) Instruct employees on how to offer assistance to domestic violence victims in an expedient, meaningful and confidential manner;
(3) Provide for the conspicuous posting of information about domestic violence and available resources;
(4) Provide for domestic violence awareness training for employees; and
(5) Prohibit unfair treatment of employees by the employers based solely on their status as victims of domestic violence.
B. The provisions of this Executive Order are not intended to alter any existing collective bargaining agreements or to supersede applicable federal or State law.